Facts the IRS will not tell you:
- It is very unlikely that you will get audited. The IRS audited less than 1% of tax returns last year and most likely that will be even lower this year due to budget cuts and understaffing. There are some taxpayers however, that their chances of being audited are increased greatly.
2. Don’t expect immediate response when contacting the IRS. The IRS estimates this year that 50% of phone calls will not be answered and that the remaining will have long waits.
3. The IRS is not that efficient in handling paperwork. It is estimated that 50% of letters received by the IRS are not handled in a timely manner.
4. Your refund may be delayed being due primarily to budget cuts.
5. Fraudulent identity theft is up considerably. Also, taxpayers are being scammed out of millions by con artists calling pretending to be IRS agents.
6. The IRS does not collect on approximately 20% of tax owed.
7. The IRS is very proficient in sending out automated levies and liens. This means you could receive one before you have had an opportunity to contact someone to discuss your case.
8. Obamacare is causing havoc with the IRS also.
“We got behind on our taxes and ended up owing the IRS over $20,000. We felt the financial pressure of having this debt and didn’t see any way we would be able to pay them in a timely manner. We consulted with CKTax and found we qualified for an Offer In Compromise. They took care of everything. We never had to talk with the IRS once. The IRS settled our debt of over $20,000 for $500!!”Ben & Crystal Fleming
Owner - Fleming Construction Branson, MO
“I found CKTax online. Cynthia counseled me in what to do, how to do it, and worked with the IRS to put holds on the penalties and interest. She negotiated me time to gather my reporting data so the IRS could not use liens or other measures. I was pleasantly surprised with the level of service and the attentiveness to my needs. My delinquent tax returns were completed quickly and very efficiently.”Sandra Jarnagin
Real Estate Agent Houston, TX
“I am extremely pleased with the service and professionalism from CKTax. They helped me negotiate a $30,000 tax debt from three years of back taxes to a reasonable amount of $4,000. She dealt with the pushy IRS agents, so I didn’t have to lose my peace of mind knowing she had it under control. She was polite and answered all the questions I had about what was going on.”Caleb Shallert
Owner - Deerstone Development Santa Rosa, CA